“Tammy is one of the best when it comes to seeing and understanding the entire liquid transportation fuels landscape. Her perspectives are insightful, sometimes challenging, and most often steps ahead of current thinking. We will continue looking to Future Fuels Strategies for point of view shaping insights and analysis.” — ICM, Inc.
Your business depends on knowing the future of transportation fuels: policies, technologies, and market dynamics.
You need to assess the ongoing global threats – and opportunities – of policies and market issues for low carbon transportation policies such as biofuels, advanced biofuels, alternative fuels, fuel economy and zero emission vehicles. And you need to do it cost-effectively.
You need quality intelligence and analysis, another point of view outside the mainstream and a resource you can rely on do your job effectively and to help your company succeed in the marketplace.
The Future Fuels Outlook service provides you with the in-depth intelligence and analysis you need to assess threats and opportunities in the fuel industry, develop strategies, prepare for strategic moves in the marketplace, anticipate and plan for future market opportunities and disruptions, and watch what the competitors are doing.
With a Future Fuels Outlook membership, you’ll get original, in-depth analysis delivered to your inbox, quarterly webinars and reports on emerging trends, and live webinars with experts four times per year. I also help clients with questions and issues and serve as an outside resource when needed.
You’ll have up-to-the-minute answers and insights on topics such as:
- How a Trump Administration will impact future fuels and vehicles
- “Aspiration v. implementation” on conventional fuel demand v. biofuels, advanced biofuels, advanced alternative fuels and zero emission vehicles (ZEVs)
- Other clean fuels policies that are not necessarily low-carbon focused (there needs to be a recognition that not all countries, especially emerging economies, will be able to implement low carbon fuel and vehicle (LCFV) policies in the near and mid-term)
- Global ZEV policies and market penetration
- Global low carbon fuel standard (LCFS) policies
- Paris Agreement implementation and impact on LCFV policy
- The future of global biofuels mandates and impact on demand, in particular the move to end 1G mandates and ramp up advanced biofuels mandates and whether 1G biofuels could become the new 2G biofuels
- Movements on passenger car and heavy-duty vehicle fuel economy standards
- Car bans, car-free days and “peak car” issues
- Air pollution policies that impact LCFVs positively or negatively
- Global connectivity and ride-sharing developments
What You Get in the Future Fuels Outlook Service
- Original, in-depth analysis of future fuels issues: Delivered directly to you at least once per month, with unique market and policy insights as well as competitive intelligence drawn from the extensive global network of Future Fuel Strategies. View a sample report here. You’ll get reports like these:
- Global Low Carbon Frameworks
- Comparing Approaches to Light-Duty Fuel Economy/GHG Standards in the U.S., EU & China
- A Qualitative Assessment of Future EV Markets
- How the RFS, LCFS & RED Incentivized the Growth of Renewable Natural Gas (Biomethane)
- What U.S. Cities Are Doing to Implement the Paris Agreement and How It Affects Fuels & Vehicles
- Investigation of Mid-Level Ethanol Blends Globally
- Benchmarking All the EV Outlook Studies: What Do We Know?
- The Sum Up: Where We Stand on Global Fuel Economy
- Can India Really Go Totally EV by 2030?
- Quarterly review of emerging future fuel trends: Presented by me via live webinar with client Q&A each quarter that is recorded for those who can’t attend. I also record a short version for those who can’t spare the time for a longer review. I review trends, new research and analysis and take your questions. You’ll also receive the presentation from the webinar and summary, delivered directly to you. View a sample presentation here.
- Live webinar discussions with expert panelists: You’ll have exclusive access to experts brought together four times per year via webinar to discuss key future fuel topics with Q&A from clients. Can’t attend? You’ll receive access to the recording and all presentations from guest experts like these:
- Do We Still Need the RFS? A Q&A with Mike McAdams of the Advanced Biofuels Association and Dave Vandergriend, CEO, ICM, Inc.
- Rewiring the Carbon Cycle and What It Means for Transportation, David Babson, Bioenergy Technologies Office, U.S Department of Energy
- EV Markets, Policy Developments & Future Projections, with Eric Brown of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Dan Welch and Amy Morsch Bailey of the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- What’s the Future for Hydrogen?, Bob Wimmer, Toyota; Ralf Stoeckel, TOTAL; Madhav Archarya, ARPA-E
The Future Fuels Space Is Fast-Evolving
Did you know that:
- Climate-change mitigation from transport presents a $3.6 trillion USD investment opportunity, according to the International Finance Corporation?
- Five jurisdictions, most recently Canada and Brazil will be establishing low carbon fuel policies?
- The global automotive fleet is expected to grow 135% through 2050, and 90% of this growth will come from Asia, Latin America and Africa?
- Almost 60 countries have developed or will be developing biofuels programs such as blend mandates and fiscal incentives?
- More than 40 countries have implemented or plan to implement mandatory fuel economy standards, several with a GHG component?
- More than 20 cities and/or countries have taken actions to ban or limit the use of internal combustion engines?
- At least 13 countries have programs to support zero emission vehicle markets?
- Global transportation-related energy demand is projected to increase by about 25%, according to ExxonMobil?
These are hugely challenging times in the fuels and vehicles industries.
Most industries tend to care, appropriately, about what’s happening in their own backyards. But, stakeholders need to look beyond their backyards and at the bigger picture. The Future Fuels Outlook service will help you do exactly that.
You can’t understand the full competitive landscape by only watching what’s happening in your own industry – you need to understand the full picture to assess both opportunities and threats. And that can be totally overwhelming! Yet, it’s in the bigger picture where we see the convergence of those trends that ultimately affect demand for all the stakeholders’ products.
Bottom line: Following the future fuels space, especially global low carbon fuels and vehicles, isn’t a “nice to have” – it’s a critical to know.
“What an insightful source for next-level renewable insights. Keep up the good work!” – Neste
Mind the Gap
Moreover, there’s a gap in how these issues are treated, both by other consultancies, trade groups and even the media. For example:
- There are few (if really, any) information sources currently available that take a holistic, balanced view of the future fuels space.
- There are lots of news aggregators, plus media and trade organizations that cater to specific industries, but there’s not much in-depth analysis, especially outside the respective constituencies. Confirmation bias can be a powerful hindrance in seeing the issues clearly and getting the intelligence you need to make the best strategic decisions.
- There is much coverage of breaking developments, but little context and explanation about what these events could mean for stakeholders. There is no bigger picture (and often not even a picture at all).
- There is limited continuity covering long-range policy and market issues.
- Issues are not covered on a global basis, so you have no sense of how the world is actually moving.
- Larger firms may cover the fuels space either with different services that are too in-depth or too high-priced for what they provide OR there are gaps in their service coverage and the analysis of different future fuels issues are not integrated.
The Future Fuels Outlook service avoids these issues by providing insight and intelligence that provides explanation, context and continuity across a range of intersecting and critical future fuels issues. Issues are covered on an integrated and global basis.
Why You Need This Service
Not only do you need quality, reliable insight and analysis on a timely basis, but you need it from someone you can trust who has a broad network you can draw upon. I leverage my extensive global network in the auto, biofuels, refining, and technology industries — in addition to governments and NGOs — to bring you insights you can’t get anywhere else.
My client base is cross-industry, meaning that I do not represent a particular stakeholder group’s interest or position. That helps make the work credible. I cover cross-cutting issues that matter to the fuels industry: biofuels, fuel economy, electric vehicles, autonomy, cleaner conventional fuels, and their policy and market drivers. I spot and analyze important studies and reports that have far-reaching consequences for the fuels industry that are outside the media echo-chamber, and I dig deep. I provide context and explanation about what important events and trends could mean for stakeholders.
With my 20-plus years of direct industry experience and my global network, I have the resources I need to bring you the insights you want at a reasonable cost. Yes, it can be done. It is being done. Yes, good quality intelligence, analysis, insight and advice can be provided outside the bigger firms (maybe even better) without the bigger firm cost. Join companies such as Toyota, Neste, LanzaTech, Nissan, ICM, Inc., Renault, Lubrizol, ExxonMobil and others that already benefit from my service.
Who Should Subscribe
The Future Fuels Outlook service is ideal for those organizations interested in another point of view on global future fuel and low carbon fuel and vehicles issues and includes:
- Producers, marketers, blenders and traders of biofuels, advanced biofuels and advanced alternative fuels
- Automotive companies
- Oil/refining companies
- OEM suppliers and vendors
- Financial sector
“Tammy’s insights and analysis of the global EV market trends, in particular, stand out.” — LanzaTech
What It Costs: Your Investment
Modest: Only US$239 per month! Or, save 15% by paying annually: US$2,500 per year. Additional subscriptions for just US$1,000 each. Discounts are available for 10 or more subscriptions from the same organization. Contact me to learn more. Interested? Call me at +1.703.625.1072 or email email@example.com to get started, or sign up online below.
Click here to sign up and pay online for the monthly subscription rate
Click here to sign up and pay online for the annual subscription rate